The Google Guarantee badge helps you build a great reputation online.
If your customers aren’t satisfied with work quality, Google may refund up to the amount paid for jobs booked through Local Services ads, with a lifetime cap for coverage.
Google Guarantee maximum coverage by country:
CA: CAD 2,000
What it covers
- If your customer is dissatisfied with work quality, we’ll cover claims up to the job invoice amount, with a lifetime cap for coverage.
- Service must be booked through Local Services. Add-on or future projects, damages to property, dissatisfaction with price or provider responsiveness, and cancellations aren’t covered.
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the initial service completion date.
If one of your customers submits a claim, we’ll contact you to learn more. You’ll have an opportunity to make things right with your customer. After investigating the claim, Google will decide on a resolution.
Learn more about The Google Guarantee.
Getting started with Local Services ads
With Local Services ads, you can advertise your business on Google and receive leads directly from potential customers. These leads come in as phone calls and messages sent through your Local Services ad. You can reply to messages, track bookings, and manage all your leads anytime online and through the app (Android, iOS).
Benefits of Local Services ads
- Get seen at the top of Google.
- Connect with potential customers who are searching for services you provide and are most likely to book.
- Make use of simple tools to help you get started and create a personalized profile.
- Use the mobile app to communicate with customers at any time.
- Build trust with the Google Guarantee .
- Pay only for leads related to your business and the services you offer.
- Customers choose you: You only hear from customers who have specifically selected your profile out of all the rest.
How Local Services ads work
The Local Services unit is shown at the top of Google Search results when people search for the services you offer in your area. Potential customers can click or tap on your ad to either call you or send you a message request (US only). When they do, you’ll get an email and notification from the Local Services ads app. From this point on, the lead is yours to turn into a customer.
To ensure you continue to receive messages, respond to as many of them as you can (even if you decline to provide the requested service). If you regularly fail to answer calls or respond to messages, your ad ranking may be affected.